Coastal Montessori Charter School; Pawleys Island, SC; Seeking Director
School Overview: Coastal Montessori Charter School (CMCS) is a public, Montessori charter school for children in Grades 1 – 8. Over 250 students are currently enrolled at CMCS. CMCS is governed by a Board of Directors and each class is led by a certified Montessori teacher.
Job Purpose: This position exists to facilitate and oversee the delivery of the School’s Mission Statement, namely, “to produce highly-educated, self-directed, socially-responsible citizens who work collaboratively, respectfully, and peacefully as individual yet interdependent learners in a diverse and nurturing environment.” The incumbent reports to the School’s Board of Directors to accomplish the major goals established by the Board and does so following both Montessori principles and all applicable regulatory requirements.
Master’s Degree in a related field, preferably from an accredited program/school with a major in
A valid South Carolina teaching certificate in Elementary Administration or similar license from
Knowledge of, and experience with, charter school regulations, standards, and laws
3 years’ experience and/or training as a principal or school administrator
7 years’ experience in a school environment, preferably elementary or middle school
Montessori experience and credentials (preferably from an AMI or AMS accredited program)
Experience in multi-age, elementary educational setting
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Broad and current knowledge of Montessori curriculum and instruction
· Dedicated and committed to Montessori philosophy
· Demonstrated management and leadership abilities and demonstrated ability to obtain results from others.
· Ability to engage in long-term planning and strategic thinking
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels of CMCS and the community
· Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Possesses research skills to help evaluate and implement best practices
· Skilled in working with large amounts of empirical data, to interpret data, to detect errors, and prepare reports
· Skilled and comfortable working with financial data, highest understanding of financial management needs and reporting requirements
Start Date: June 24th, 2019
Working Agreement: 240 Day Agreement
Application and Hiring Process:
A review of applications will begin on February 22, 2019. All applications received by this date will be reviewed. Those received after this date may be reviewed as needed. Applications will be received until the CMCS Board has sufficient qualified and viable candidates for interview and hire.
For consideration, please provide the following as attachments to CoastalMontessoriBoard@gmail.com:
1) Cover Letter addressed to CMCS Board
2) Resume or C.V.
3) Three (3) professional references and last or current last supervisor (If there is an issue with contacting your current supervisor/Board, please so state and explain the reason or reasons)
4) Two Letters of Reference
5) Salary expectations
If you have questions about the position, school, or the application process, please send an email to