Marin Montessori School; Corte Madera, CA; AMI-trained Toddler Guide
Located in Corte Madera, California, Marin Montessori School seeks a full-time AMI-trained
A to I guide for our Toddler program for the 2019/2020 school year. This position is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of experienced faculty and staff dedicated to authentic Montessori pedagogy within a mature program.
Marin Montessori School:
This is an especially thrilling time to join Marin Montessori, a highly regarded Bay Area school with a history of over fifty years, a thriving Junior High program in San Rafael, and accreditations from both AMI (Association Montessori International) and CAIS (California Association of Independent Schools). MMS is currently in the process of expanding our Corte Madera campus, creating a stunning waterfront and nature-rich elementary wing, allowing for tremendous indoor-outdoor learning opportunities and close connections between teachers and classes. MMS is a school with passionate educators and engaged and enthusiastic families.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Attributes:
• A committed, deep understanding and passion for authentic Montessori pedagogy and practice
• AMI Assistants to Infancy Diploma
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A to I teaching experience
• Confidence and experience in the lessons required in a toddler community
• Strong classroom management skills
• Flexibility and warmth along with a high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
• A collaborative work style while maintaining an identity of his/her own
• Experience with fostering and maintaining excellent professional relationships with students, parents, and other staff members in the community
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must support MMS’s Professional Expectations Creed: Direct Communication, Collegial Relationships, and Assumption of Good Intentions
• Must be computer literate, and be proficient in Word and standard email programs
• Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds
• Must have a clear driving record
• Must pass the LiveScan fingerprint testing through the Department of Justice.
This is an exempt, full-time teaching position. Start date is Friday, August 16, 2019. The salary and benefits package is very competitive, matching or exceeding Bay Area independent school norms.
Marin Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of age, ancestry, color, religious creed, denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical), marital, familial or parental status, medical condition, genetic information, military and Veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.